Titan Base Diagram

Titan I Missile Base

Titan I Missile Base

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What the iPhone has done in our home.

OK, I'm going to start by saying that I mostly love the iPhone- even though I resisted getting one. My wife Beth had her first gadget crush ever on the iPhone, and I was a tad jealous. I'm reasonably certain Matt Lauer has quite a bit to do with her crush, and this is not uncommon.

ANYWAY- we both switched to AT&T and acquired iPhones in July. Since we live in a somewhat unhip place, the network problems that plague hipster dufii in major metropolitan areas are substantially reduced. BUT, all of a sudden, Beth had her own Facebook page, and was using a separate e-mail. She has staked out the laptop in the breakfast room, so I spend most of my home computer time on the Flinstones' desktop in my den (seriously, the desktop has been in four houses now).

However, in many ways Beth is taking baby steps onto the information superhighway. She is very fond of Yahoo's personal pages- which I vaguely remember from 1997 or so. She likes it because "it is so easy to use", and "it's not as cluttered as Facebook". Not to mention "there are so many great emoticons" (I had to explain that they were not all "smilies".)

That's it for this post- I may post later with some more on silos.

No comments:

Post a Comment